Go Back   Norcal1320.com > General Talk > Racing Gossip

Racing Gossip Anything and Everything to do with the 1320ft.

Goodies Speed Shop
Old 10-28-2013, 07:49 PM   #1
Jeep
Donated Member

Gameroom cash: $870757
Trader Rating: 0
Goodies Speed Shop

Goodies Speed Shop in San Jose has closed its doors after 51 years.. Its a sad day for the local racing community as this place was a cornerstone... Best of luck to the employees and technicians..

Old 10-30-2013, 08:45 AM   #2
haddixj
Norcal1320 Member

Gameroom cash: $142880
Hey Jeep you get the big motor finsihed yet? I havent noticed anything over on moparts?

Old 10-30-2013, 12:58 PM   #3
Johnny C
Norcal1320 Sponsor

Gameroom cash: $1204923
Trader Rating: 7
Send a message via AIM to Johnny C
Bummer...I had a feeling that was going to happen once they moved from the Lincoln street location...Times are a changing....

Old 10-31-2013, 09:12 AM   #4
Jeep
Donated Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by haddixj View Post
Hey Jeep you get the big motor finsihed yet? I havent noticed anything over on moparts?

Yeah, its done... made a couple of soft hits, then pulled the motor back out.. I'm hoping to be ready for SCSN next month

Old 10-31-2013, 10:18 AM   #5
picnic_george
picdic george

Gameroom cash: $771982
Send a message via AIM to picnic_george Send a message via MSN to picnic_george
I think racing is a slowly dying sport. And being in California doesn't make it any easier.

Best of luck to them.
EXT-6385 ID#3396
PROSHOP ID#3396

Old 10-31-2013, 01:04 PM   #6
Jeep
Donated Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by picnic_george View Post
I think racing is a slowly dying sport. And being in California doesn't make it any easier.

Best of luck to them.
Racing may be a dying sport... but in their case, stupidity totally ruled!! I totally blame the upper management for the closing..

Its tough to have a brick n mortar car parts shop.. The prices will be higher and you have to add an additional 8% for sales tax.. So that means you have to go out of your way to accommodate your customer and they didnt!!

Almost every time I stopped in to buy something from them, I would be greeted with an attitude.. or with someone that is stupider than me.. I would be told that they dont have what I need in stock, but they could order and it would be ready for pick up the next day..

If I wanted to wait until the next day, I would order it from you.. and save a few dollars also..

They moved the store from Lincoln Ave to hi end exotic car park and instead of taking advantage of the additional exposure, they seemed to have scaled back... back so much they ended up closing the store.. lol

And we wont even go into the time I took my race car there for their chassis dyno, max'd out there machine as soon as we went WOT and then got charged $300 for the set up fee..

I hate to see the history of that place close down, but the owner of the shop was real dumb ass...

ok.. rant off.. please continue with your everyday life..

Old 10-31-2013, 08:16 PM   #7
koolit
Donated Member

I used to unload at the shit hole used car lot on the corner.
Walked in there and got the same attitude with overpriced parts...

"That didnt make it any newer"

Old 10-31-2013, 09:17 PM   #8
4RS FED
WE slayer

Gameroom cash: $570886
Trader Rating: 33
Send a message via AIM to 4RS FED Send a message via Yahoo to 4RS FED
Not a loss.
Goodies wasn't so good.
WCHR 2010 Outlaw8.5 #2

www.4rsfed.com

Special thanks to my sponsors
Best pass on 8.5s 5.38 @ 142 and 8.19 @ 166

Old 10-31-2013, 11:40 PM   #9
HaulinAss Motorsports
Norcal1320 Member

Gameroom cash: $994639
Trader Rating: 12
Send a message via AIM to HaulinAss Motorsports
After the name change from speed merchant to the original goodies name it went down hill. Once they moved from their location on lincoln it killed them....

With tps merging with the other shop it definitely killed any chance of shop work for goodies.. I think they could have done well as a retail store, however everyone expects summit/online prices and its impossible for small shops to compete with those prices.

Racing has tailed off some but street cars, hot rodders, etc is what kept them open....still think they could have made it work. Interesting to see if another performance parts store opens in the area.

Old 11-01-2013, 07:33 AM   #10
picnic_george
picdic george

Gameroom cash: $771982
Send a message via AIM to picnic_george Send a message via MSN to picnic_george
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeep View Post
Racing may be a dying sport... but in their case, stupidity totally ruled!! I totally blame the upper management for the closing..

Its tough to have a brick n mortar car parts shop.. The prices will be higher and you have to add an additional 8% for sales tax.. So that means you have to go out of your way to accommodate your customer and they didnt!!

Almost every time I stopped in to buy something from them, I would be greeted with an attitude.. or with someone that is stupider than me.. I would be told that they dont have what I need in stock, but they could order and it would be ready for pick up the next day..

If I wanted to wait until the next day, I would order it from you.. and save a few dollars also..
Sounds exactly like my past experiences with the stupid shops here in sparks. Everyone that worked there was extremly rude and unhelpful and their prices were ridculous. The super shops big warehouse was in Panther valley(Reno) and they still couldn't get you parts the same day, I even offered to drive that whole 10 miles to go pick it up. They just weren't very helpful. I wasn't surprised they went out of business.

That's crap about the dyno too.

Old 11-01-2013, 10:04 AM   #11
Johnny C
Norcal1320 Sponsor

Gameroom cash: $1204923
Trader Rating: 7
Send a message via AIM to Johnny C
Now that I think about, it.....I totally remember the attitude thing....They acted like we were doing them a favor by going to they're store. There was one guy in particular that was a real "ass-hat". I still went there from time to time just to try and support the local speed. Oh well.....R.I.P Goodies...

Old 11-03-2013, 07:41 PM   #12
lastcallvince
Norcal1320 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by HaulinAss Motorsports View Post
After the name change from speed merchant to the original goodies name it went down hill. Once they moved from their location on lincoln it killed them....

With tps merging with the other shop it definitely killed any chance of shop work for goodies.. I think they could have done well as a retail store, however everyone expects summit/online prices and its impossible for small shops to compete with those prices.

Racing has tailed off some but street cars, hot rodders, etc is what kept them open....still think they could have made it work. Interesting to see if another performance parts store opens in the area.

Speed merchant, Now I remember . thanks I'm gettin old

Old 11-20-2013, 08:49 PM   #13
MR GO FAST
Norcal1320 Member

Gameroom cash: $513553
Send a message via AIM to MR GO FAST
Quote:
Originally Posted by picnic_george View Post
Sounds exactly like my past experiences with the stupid shops here in sparks. Everyone that worked there was extremly rude and unhelpful and their prices were ridculous. The super shops big warehouse was in Panther valley(Reno) and they still couldn't get you parts the same day, I even offered to drive that whole 10 miles to go pick it up. They just weren't very helpful. I wasn't surprised they went out of business.

That's crap about the dyno too.
Super Shops

Old 11-21-2013, 09:25 AM   #14
novapat
Norcal1320 Member

Gameroom cash: $894763
ya super shops went away now tognotti's needs to go.. Dean is a total dipshit and that placed is overpriced and the guys don't know shit.. also fucking rude..